Wednesday 13 October 2010

Alphabet Thursday D is for ................. Daughters

What is a daughter Dictionary Deffinition

A daughter is a female offspring; a girl, woman, or female animal in relation to her parents. The male equivalent is a son. Analogously the name is used on several areas to show relations between groups or elements.[1]



Well firstly I am a daughter , what sort I don't know you would have to ask my Father that one.

Secondly I am the very proud mother of 3 daughters

Rebecca Bery Eileen Taylor  age 25 - Married to Carl



Elizabeth Victoria Marie  age 23- engaged to James





Hannah Frances Ianthe age 19  still at home but has a long term boyfriend Tom




I am also soon to gain my first and only daughter in Law Gemma when she marries my son Christopher on December 4th .



I also have been blessed with Goddaughters  Nikki ,Stella, Katherine ,Rachel, Claire and Abigail  again I ask myself am I good God mother I can't answer that one  either that would be for them to answer.

Nikki is my niece and God daughter but she is somebody who has also been like a daughter as she lived with me for a while when she was little.


Steph and Alison are sisters and they too along with their older two sisters are a bit like daughters
 they have all stayed with us as children and we are still a big part of each others families  
September 09 I started to have students from the schoool my children went to This is Pomille she is also like a daughter .




My daughters have been amazing but especially since I became single , they have supported me without question we have laughed together and cried together and deffinatley got closer.

So I would just like to say a great big thank you to them for putting up with me and for God for letting me be a mother to them.
And finally please pop over to Teacher to see what else is on offer Jenny

26 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

I like your definition of daughter because you include those who seem like daughters. :)

Amanda Lee said...

Your daughters, and "like a daughters" are all lovely. You are so blessed to have them in your life!

Mary said...

You're blessed to have so many lovely daughters :-)

Sue McPeak said...

Wonderful to have so many special young women in your life to call daughters! I'm sure the support you give each other is a blessing all around. Thanks for your visit to CollectInTexas Gal for my Letter D Post....Sue

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

What a blessing to have all those sweet girls in your life! I have no biological daughters, but I have several "adopted" daughters, girls who used to travel the show horse circuit with me and have stayed a part of my life.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful daughters. Great post.

Annesphamily said...

Your daughters are sweet! What a blessing! I have three daughters so I understand your love for them. But I also have a sister and her two daughters and two grand daughters and love them to pieces too! I have friends with daughters that I adore and girls all around are just darn fun! Thanks for the darling post today! I hope you will visit me soon. Anne

The Decorative Dreamer said...

You are so blessed to have so many daughters and women in your life. I have 2 sons, 20 and 17, no marriages yet. I hope to one day have a few daughter in laws and maybe a few granddaughters too! It's so good to hear how much of a support they have been for you too!

Francisca said...

Your all-inclusive definition of daughter is touching. What treasures. And a super D day post.

A Dagenham Girl said...

how intersting a post - you are obviously a 'people person' as this reflects in the all the 'daughter' relationships you have. Judith (Precious Moments)

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

This was an upbeat post to read and it made me think of my own daughter.

Theresa Plas said...

Aren't daughters the best???

Lola said...

Lovely post about lovely daughters - great 'D' post!

XOXO LOLA:)

Jo said...

how lucky you are to have so many daughters in your life!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Sweet "D" post. Happy Alphabet Thursday!

Susan Anderson said...

I only have one daughter and one daughter-in-law, but aren't all the women in our lives wonderful?

H said...

Hi to Becky, Lizzie and Hannah :) (and Chris too)

cottonfieldfarm said...

Love your post! Love my daughters too! Thanks for sharing. I am now following you on GFC. Would love a follow back!

Jenny said...

Tracy, such a happy lovely post filled with daughters of all kinds!

This made me smile. And I love that you included the daughters of your heart, too!

Thanks for linking this to Alphabe-Thursday.

It was a wonderful post.

A+

Cheryl said...

Thanks for sharing all your daughters with us. The pictures tell the story so beautifully. All smiles.

Unknown said...

I love having two daughters....Well except for a few of the teenage years....you are really blessed with girls!

Unknown said...

Dear Tracy,
What a lovely post about all of your daughters! I like that you include daughter-like relationships, such as God-children and neices and young women that your are helping in one way or another.
A thought-provoking post.

I have two missions with this comment: first to thank you for visiting and commenting on my D-post; and then to invite you to return and take another look when you have the time or inclination. I have added another dog! I got lucky and found this white dog that I mention in my comment.

So welcome back anytime!
My cat Sara would also like me to mention that she has a post for ABC-Wednesday, round 7-M, that you may enjoy.

Best wishes& hugs,
Anna
Sara sends purrs.
Anna's D-word Alphabe-Thurs
Sara Cat's abcWED-round-7-M

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Thanks for stopping over. I loved "meeting" all of your beautiful daughters. Aren't you blessed? That's wonderful. I love having two girls too.

Nicki Meier said...

Awww...what a wonderful post about daughters...your love for them surely shows. And theirs for you as well.
The smiles say it all...and of course the silly face on the end. :)
Great post...thanks for sharing!

Tina said...

what a beautiful collection of pictures for your family. Could do with some more girls in my household with 3 boys here!!

Tina from Mummy Diaries

Splendid Little Stars said...

Daughters are wonderful! biological or adopted! You are definitely blessed and rich with daughters!