Monday 8 February 2010

Aunt Zana's Amish Sugar Cookies (Eggless)

I don't often blog recipes on here but I really had to share this with you. I Run a local Rainbow unit and tonight we are making Valentine cookies and somehow I had no eggs and with no time to go and buy any I did a quick search and found this online.

Ingredients



1 cup granulated sugar


1 cup powdered sugar


1 cup vegetable oil


1 cup butter, softened

1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract


4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour


1 teaspoon baking soda


1 teaspoon cream of tartar


Directions

1) Preheat oven to 375°F.

2) In a mixing bowl, cream together sugar, powdered sugar, oil, butter, and vanilla extract.


3) Add flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.


4) Mix well.


5) Take teaspoonfuls of dough & roll into balls.


6) Place on cookie sheet and press to about the size of a nickel.


7) Bake for 10-12 minutes.
The only problem I had was that as I wanted to cut out hearts it was sligtly sticky but I just added some more flour perfect and they taste delicous.

The girls will love covering with pink icing and sprinkles



Ok I burnt a couple so decided to ice this one.
I actually made vibrant pink icing for the girls

Would give this 10 /10 .

3 comments:

Helen Neal said...

Those look yummy!

Tracy said...

I would like to say I was good and did not try but I did and they were very yummy

Anonymous said...

They look good..chocolate frosting looks good right now..who cares if its 9 in the morning.. :)

Blessings
Erika

Enter the gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;give thanks to him and praise his name. psalms 100:4