Thursday 25 March 2010

Alphabet Thursday J is for ..........

How on earth can I do J without joking around?
This is tricky  obviously there is AJ AKA Aunty Jean who is my amazing Aunt fount of all knowledge and great fun.

There again there is James, Elizabeth's partener.


Now here we are going to have a language problem because here in the UK we say Jam but you American readers call it jelly well I happen to like both over here and if in strawberry flavour even better.

jelly Jam
Then of course there is the good old jelly been
Now these are all important in my life and whilst the jelly jam and beans I could live without I would hate to have to live without the other two.

Having said that there is one more J that I can not live without and that is Jesus.
At Christmas we often see the slogan Jesus is the reason for the season, well that is also so true of Easter.
This next part is something that we have done at our youth group at church and I have used at the school bible club this week.


I have included bible readings if you want to follow during Holy week.

It is called the Longest week.

Palm Sunday

Matthew 21:1-11 The Triumphal Entry
MONDAY
Matthew 21:12-13 Jesus returns the Temple to its proper use
TUESDAY

Matthew 21:14-15 Jesus annoys the religious leaders

WEDNESDAY

Matthew 22: 15-22Jesus teaches with unique authority

MAUNDY THURSDAY



 Matthew 26: 17-30The Last Supper

I know this seems a bit of an irreverend picture but we have recently made the life of Jesus in lego so I included this picture.
MAUNDY THURSDAY
 
 
Matthew 26:31-35 Jesus Predicts Peter's Denial
 
GOOD FRIDAY
 
 
 
 Matthew 26:47-49 Jesus is betrayed and arrested
 
GOOD FRIDAY
 
Matthew 27:11-26 Jesus is tried by Pontius Pilate, the Governor
Saturday
 
SATURDAY Descent into Hell




THE APOSTLES’ CREED


I believe in Jesus Christ who was

Conceived by the Holy Spirit,

Born of the Virgin Mary,

Suffered under Pontius Pilate,

Was crucified dead and buried:

He descended into Hell.

The third day he rose again from the dead ...............
  Matthew 28:1-10
 
  Thanks to this mankind now has a chance for eternal life Jesus did the hard bit .




John 3:16 (New International Version)


16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

I am not apologising for this being religous today this is my faith I believe it and want to share it .

J is for JESUS

8 comments:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

You should never apologize for your faith! I say 'cudos' for incorporating it into your J post on a day when lots of people are bound to read it!

And I adored the Lego Last Supper...a lot.

Viki said...

Who knew you could make The Last Supper out of Lego's LOL. Great J post.

Unknown said...

What a variety of J's. I loved the paintings of Jesus.

Sarah said...

Wow, you certainly covered the letter J. I enjoyed seeing all the different ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Jenny said...

What a diverse and fascinating J post.

I liked the range of subjects you brought to us.

Thank you for making our J week great!

A+

Steph said...

I couldn't really live without Jesus either. Hope you have a special Easter celebration.

Terri Steffes said...

Neat post and how appropriate for the season!

I loved how you included so many photos!

Carol said...

Sorry it took me so long to post a comment to you...I enjoyed your 'J' post! With Easter around the corner...it seems fitting! Have a great day!