Wednesday 17 March 2010

St Patricks Day

Ok firstly I am not Irish but this week I have been doing lot's of learning on St Patrick so just thought I would take time out of my normal Wednesday to say Happy St Patricks day to you all .

St Patricks Day Prayer

Christ be with me,Christ within me,
Christ behind me,Christ before me,
Christ beside me, Christ to win me,
Christ to comfort and restore me

Christ beneath me,Christ above me,
Christ in quiet, and in danger,
Christ in hearts of all that love me,
Christ in mouh of friend and stranger.


I also think that it is beautiful that St Patrick used the Shamrock to teach about the Trinity  and a thought I had last night as I made a craft for after school club is that each part of the shamrock is a heart and that reminds me that God loves us.

So like I said I am not Irish but then neither was St Patrick so Happy St Patricks day.


1 comment:

H said...

Love the prayer. I was thinking of posting about St Patrick's day today too, but I have no pics of Ireland, never having been, so I'm still debating. If I do, do you mind if I nick the prayer please?