Sunday 5 April 2009

Palm Sunday

Today started for Ian and I in the usual weekend way Tea in bed today was my turn funny that I did it yesterday as well oh well never mind still tasted good.


Now to go along with my new look ( 17lb off) I decided to have a BLT heavy on the salad and it was yummy .


Then it was start of Grand Prix and off to church that service us by surprise as we marched round part of the town with palms aloft.


It was then off to the farmers market and seeing all the home made cakes and cookies Hannah and I decided to bake. I made a yummylicous ( a word made up by us to describe something well yummy and Delicious) Lime polenta cake totally wheat free and Hannah made a Williams and Sonoma brownie good choice as I can't eat having given up chocolate for Lent.







Hubble Bubble toil and trouble


Grass cutting came next and as a whim we decided that the only option for food today was a Bar B Q why wait till summer when there is not a cloud in the sky. Now for us it has to be Trish's potato salad.



Hannah and Tom post walk with Tilly



The day was rounded off by more gardening and CAKE











I still find this time of year so exciting with all the new plants poking their heads through the soil showing their vibrant colours before a flower has even bloomed. I especially love the daffodils swaying gently in the breeze its face ever towards the sun

.


Let us hope this is a taste of the summer to come!

No comments: