Friday 19 June 2009

We are Mid way through June aaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhh



As I have just been reminded on the radio on Sunday it is Midsummers day the longest day. It does not seem 5 minutes since I was saying hurray the days will start getting longer that was 6 months ago.
Well since my last entry to this blog lots has happened.
Firstly we have moved my Dad AKA Beauty Grandad from Peterborough to Congleton. Why Congleton ? well that is the care home Becky works in and it had a place. Travelling 50 minutes after school for a visit on Thursday was great. Peterborough is 2 1/2 to 3 hours away. Yesterday I popped over after school had a great visit saw Becky and Carl on the way home and still made my weigh in at Weight Watchers. Speaking of which I have now lost 24 1/2 lb I am so pleased its slow and steady. only 2 1/lb to my first 10% .
Any way below are a couple of pics from last few days.

Last Saturday as Becky Carl and I were leaving for Peterborough , we called into their local oatcake shop. Now in Stoke oatcakes are a speciality. They are almost the same as Crepes and pancakes but slightly thicker this place males 8.000 dozen a week.

I chose bacon and cheese and I have to say they were delicious.








This is what I have harvested today. I am making strawberry and spinach salad to take to Becky & Carl's for lunch tomorrow went and picked the strawberries fresh today yummy just as well I bought 4lb one pound been munched already.


Just as well I am not relying on home grown strawberries . This is all I have produced.

Work wise I have been offered 28 1/2 hours for next year so happy with that . Ian is still looking for accomodation in Bristol staying in hotel at moment. Think we getting used to him being away Monday to Friday. Hannah has finished her exams and Next Wednesday is her last ever day at College. I am so proud of the fact that we as parents have got 4 children through education to 18 with no bad reports, Drugs, pregnancy and all the other negative issues that face young adults today.

Any way best go and finish the garden off.

Tomorrow is Fathers day and it will be great to spend the day with mine and have all 4 children together will post pics next week .

No comments: