Tuesday 17 August 2010

What a week

Ok it has been a week since I last blogged and what a week. Not exactly holiday but a good mixture of things.

Wednesday I headed upto Ellel Grange in Lancaster a christian conference prayer retreat place. This has been very helpful in my post marriage Journey.


Nikki
Having stayed overnight there I then headed north again to visit my niece Nikki  and had a great 48 ish hours with her and her two fab daughters.





Mya 6                             Kiera 5


Friday night we went into Dalston to a village festival event that had been going on for 2 weeks.
There was a live band or two booze and fun.



2 excited girls waiting for their candy floss to be made


This one was called how to look good naked and this one late home

There was a scarecrow trail and although I took zillions of photos (nothing new there )  these two made me smile.
The local church was open selling tea and cakes and also had a flower display .


I am showing this as it has the union jack in it.


And this one based on the poem "When am old I will wear purple"

Saturday we ( I was taking my eldest great niece Mya) headed off to visit Elizabeth in Liversedge near Leeds.
Amazingly Elizabeth had managed to leave work early and we had a fab evening together.

Sunday morning Mya and I headed to Abundant Life Ministry church in Bradford a wonderful if not overwelcoming fellowship I would go again .

Sunday Pm Hannah and Tilly arrived and we had another brilliant evening .I could Toad in the hole and thankfully they roase well I even managed to make a from scratch gravy no easy task as I never eat the stuff.



Tilly

Monday us girls headed of bright and early to a traditional park near Halifax, we saw ducks and swans, a boatig lake, childrens play area and super coffee shop . We did not investigate the minature railway or pitch and putt.


Liz Hannah and Mya
3 girls all happy to play hide and seek

Mya and I headed homewards about 3 calling into see Beauty Grandad and then Becky.

So at 7pm  408 miles ish later and 8+ hours behind the wheel I arrived home  tired but very happy.

So as you can see I have had a very rewarding week  Tomorrow I am off shopping with AJ and meeting up with Robert AKA Pops to Mya .

1 comment:

H said...

Funnily enough, the boys and I drove through Bradford fairly early on Sunday morning, on our way to see a friend in Shipley. We spent the day up thee, including a couple of hours in The Depot Climbing Centre near Pudsey. How strange :)