Sunday 3 October 2010

Saturday centus week 22



This week we have a picture of a pumpkin field as the prompt. If a picture can paint a thousand words does this mean I can use 1000 words? Ok I will stick to the usual 100



How was I going to make Halloween different this year?

I did not have children at home for the first time , I went to the pumpkin fields as normal with my usual neighbourhood group. I went through the motions of choosing 4 great pumpkins. The farmer through an extra one in for me as he liked my smile.

When I got home I pondered for a while what to do I carved as usual but instead of throwing the pulp away I made some delicious soup and took it to the homeless shelter a perfect treat.

12 comments:

Viki said...

What a wonderful, thoughtful Centus. I love the idea of taking the soup to the homeless. Great take on this prompt. Very heartfelt.

Terra said...

Oh how sweet! Nice! I also love the first comment on the 1000 words, I didn't go there...surprised more people didn't think to give teacher the business about that one!

Deborah said...

A lovely SC :o)

Susan Anderson said...

Mmmm. Wish I had some of that soup right now! But I like that it was taken to a homeless shelter even more.

Really nice thought to go with the pumpkin theme.

=)

Teresa said...

Great way to continue to make holidays meaningful even when the little ones have flown.

Tgoette said...

What a altruistic way to celebrate Halloween! A lovely thought! Well done!

Tina said...

mmmm pumkin soup sounds lovely. what a pleasant halloween story

Tina from
Mummy Diaries

Anonymous said...

Hi every one, excellent message board I have found It positively helpful & its helped me a great deal
I hope to give something back & guide other people like this chat board has helped me

_________________
[URL=http://electricalhelper.co.uk/electrical-help/install_a_consumer_unit.htm]consumer unit[/URL]

cj Schlottman said...

How incredibly thoughtful and generous. You rock!

..........cj

Kat said...

I loved this! What a wonderful idea, and a great new tradition. And your comment about 1000 words made me giggle. Wish I'd thought of that, I had a horrid time keeping mine to 100 words :) Kat

Jenny said...

Hi Tracy. I like your new header. It made me feel very autumnal.

And I liked this thoughtful and compassionate use of the prompt.

It didn't surprise me that you thought of this.

Your profile picture is really pretty!

Ames said...

Kindness Matters. Good post!~Ames