Sunday 1 May 2011

All change

Long ago there was a garden that was just a lawn. There were no flower beds or trees, no table or chairs and certainly nothing of any interest.



Gradually this was changed  and is now a garden that whilst being overgrown in part and certainly not tame is a thing to me of beauty.
It is the first garden that I have designed from scratch, infact there is a plan imn my Alan Titchmarch book from before we even saw the  house detailing what was needed.

One of these things was a pond a koi one and a wild life one. Over the years I have cleaned out the wild life one but sadly had an ongoing battle with a pond weed.




These were taken after Liz and I spent a whole day ripping it all out and starting again


Yesterday I decided that it had to go.



 Thanks to a neighbour who had a skip of soil ( new conservatory)  I was able to fill in  having stabbed the liner then top off with bark and plant up this new area

.

Sadly there will be no more frogspawn photos  or blooming water lillies. Instead I will post of repositioned Hostas, Maple and new purchased lavendar and lobelia.






So hopefully I will just have to do battle with strong rooted grass

2 comments:

Leovi said...

Great job. I love those water lilies.

H said...

It must be the year for filling in ponds. I began dismantling Mark's pond at the end of last year and have been continuing the filling in job during this holiday.